How to play
-for each gameplay type-
Card Game rules
- 1) Chooses a card with a larger number from your hand. Say out loud the number on the card as you place it in front of everyone.
* Some of the cards have number ranges written (e.g. for Panda, “3-1”). In this game, if you pick such a card, you look at the largest number from the number range. For Panda card, the number you pick will be “3”.
*The reason some cards have number ranges written like “3-1” is because the bibliographies and homepages referenced to actually described the number of babies/eggs to be in the stated range.
When the researchers etc. who studied these numbers state variable numbers of babies/eggs per individual animals in their books and documents instead of average numbers of babies/eggs, then the number will be written in the number range format like “○～○” on the cards.
- 2) The next player chooses a card with a smaller number to the previous player’s card, and so on. If a player cannot produce a card with smaller number anymore, then the flow resets. The last person restarts the flow by producing a card with a big number, and the next person plays a card with a smaller number. Repeat the steps.
*When the player does not have a card with smaller number to the previous player’s, then the player needs to say “Pass”, and the right to pick and place the card will be transferred to the next player in turn.
■How to use Wild Card (example)
1.Pick a number
Pick any number you like when you use Wild Card.
In this game you play cards in turn from big number to smaller numbers. But when a player says “Reverse” and plays Wild Card, then the next player needs to play a card with a larger number instead of a smaller number.
If the next person also says “Reverse” and produces the second Wild Card, then the “Reverse” condition gets cancelled, and the next player again starts from a large number, followed by the next player to play a card with smaller number, and so on.
- 1) Draw 1 card in turn from the deck of cards, and try to collect and complete 3 cards with “animals from the same animal class” from Animal Classes to on the right. (Look at the color where numbers are written, and try to collect 3 cards with the same matching color) Collect 3 cards to complete 1 set of “Three-of-a-Kind”!
- Collect tiger, fox & dolphin to complete Three-of-a-Kind of Mammals!
- Collect penguin, eagle & Japanese bush warbler to complete Three-of-a-Kind of Birds!
- Collect salmon, sardine & carp to complete Three-of-a-Kind of Fish!
- Collect dolphin, salmon & oyster to complete Three-of-a-Kind of Sea animals!
- Collect pigeon, eagle & hinoceros beetle to complete Three-of-a-Kind of Flying animals!
- 2) When you’ve collected all 3 cards out of “Three-of-a-Kind” set, place them on the table so everyone can see your progress.
* It’s also OK to set the game rule to not show the completed set to everyone. Please refer to the official website for further details.
- 3 )When you draw a card from the deck of cards, you need to discard 1 of the cards in your hand before the next player finishes drawing a card from the deck.
You have time until the next player finishes drawing a card from the deck to snatch a card that other players discarded, and complete your “Three-of-a-Kind” set (= “Snatch-a-card rule”). When you complete the set of “Three-of-a-Kind”, show it to everyone.
■About ”Snatch-a-card rule”:
- ”Snatch-a-card rule” is applicable only when 1 more card is needed to complete the set of “Three-of-a-Kind”.
- When you “Snatch-a-card” from the discard pile, you need to discard 1 card from your hand in return. (the card you’ve just discarded can also be snatched by other players when “Snatch-a-card rule” is applicable. The number of cards in player’s hand must be a multiple of 3.
- When you snatch a card, you need to say out loud “Snatch!” before you pick the card up.
■Example of Wild Card usage:
The player who has Wild Card in hand can freely decide its type (= “anything you wish” card).
- For example, if you have collected 2 animals from Reptile, and you just need 1 more reptile card to complete “Three-of-a-Kind”, then you can combine Wild Card to the 2 reptile cards to complete the set of “Three-of-a-Kind”.
of the game